On Tuesday, July 26, 2022, Hometown Bank announced a merger agreement with Bank First. Our two organizations possess a diverse set of competencies that when combined, allow us to offer an enhanced suite of products and services to our customers while strengthening the communities we serve through volunteerism and philanthropic initiatives.
Please see the official press release for complete information: PRESS RELEASE
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ANNOUNCED TRANSACTION
• Both companies share a relationship-based philosophy focused on providing personalized products and services to the communities they serve.
• Strengthens Bank First’s franchise through a larger branch network and greater market share in central Wisconsin.
• The combined organization’s scale will increase lending capacity to Hometown customers, allowing its team of bankers to service larger relationships at the local level.
• Leverages the operational strengths of both institutions, increasing shareholder value.
• Upon completion of the merger, Tim McFarlane will assume the role of President and will join the Board of Directors of Bank First, N.A. He will also be nominated to the Bank First Corporation Board of Directors.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
For Hometown Bank customers, employees, and the general public, things will look and feel the same for a period of time. You can expect to see no change in the high-quality, personalized level of care and service you currently receive.
We encourage you to check out the Frequently Asked Questions below to help answer some initial questions you may have. We will continue to provide additional information in the coming weeks and months as we progress through the various phases of the merger.